Responsible for bringing requested food and utensils to guests.
CORE FOCUS & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualified candidates must be able to satisfactorily complete the following responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Bring dishes to appropriate guests after inspected by the Expo.
- Ensure guests have appropriate utensils for each dish.
- Maintain par levels of utensils and condiments.
- Maintain current and accurate knowledge of the menu.
- Assist expo in managing completion of tickets.
- Maintain constant knowledge of each table s progress in the sequence of service. Remain in constant communication with servers; know each server s assigned section.
- Perform side-work as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in verbal and written English with guests, management, and co-workers to their understanding.
- Prioritize and organize work assignments, have timely follow up and execution.
- Have superb time management skills.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel services/features and hours of operation.
- Other language, mathematical, and reasoning abilities as outlined below.
- Ability to comply with physical demands as outlined below.
- Knowledge and understanding of Atelier & Ace Culture & initiatives.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma preferred. Previous experience preferred. Additional certifications (ServSafe, TiPS, etc.) preferred.
LANGUAGE, MATHEMATICAL, and REASONING ABILITIES
Candidate must meet the following cognitive abilities:
- Ability to understand guests service needs & requests.
- Ability to acknowledge guests requests in a polite manner.
- Ability to clearly communicate in verbal and written English (additional foreign languages are encouraged and preferred).
- Ability to apply logical thinking and understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to address and solve problems involving guest and operational issues.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The typical environment is an office atmosphere with ambient room temperatures, ambient lighting, and common office equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit, walk, and stand continuously.
- Lift / carry 25lbs (frequently) and 50lbs (occasionally)
- Bend, squat, crawl, and reach above shoulder level.
- Use dominate hand coordination for simple grasping, pushing/pulling, and fine manipulation.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures, dust, dampness, height, and moving machinery.
Associated topics: bar busser, buffet busser, bus person, clear dirty table, delivery, fill water, limpia mesas, portador de alimentos, roadhouse busser, runner busser