Wolfgang Puck Spago Beverly Hills is currently seeking qualified candidates for Prep Cook position to join our team. We are searching for skilled, energetic, highly-motivated people who will thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Job Summary:The Prep Cook will be assisting in the preparation of various dishes in the kitchen. They will perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients efficiently within the established Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group standards in every aspect
Essential Job Functions:
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Food preparation of meats/poultry/game/fish, vegetables, and fruits, to include:Washing, peeling, cutting and seeding vegetables and fruits, Weighing and measuring ingredients, Methods of combination: stirring, mixing, whipping, breading, etc.;Cooking: steaming, saut ing, frying, baking, roasting, braising, boiling, poaching, broiling
- Lifting and moving equipment to and from work stations, stove, and refrigerator
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Minimum 2 years kitchen preparation and experience - vegetable prep
- Excellent understanding of various ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced kitchen environment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Conversational English vocabulary
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Strong team-minded approach to fellow-workers.
- Primary food quality work ethic
Wolfgang Puck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
More detail about Spago Beverly Hills part of Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group, please visit
Associated topics: baking, cutter, food preparation, fryer, lunch, meat cutter, restaurant cook, roasting, station, stove